Terms and Conditions
- The terms and conditions set out below apply to your use of the Company’s website. Please read them.
- “The Company” means SDCL Energy Efficiency Income Trust plc and any of its subsidiaries and related companies, and references to “the Company’s website” are to any of the Company’s websites and also include, but are not limited to, the text, images, links, sounds, graphics, and video sequences displayed on those websites (the “Materials”).
- By clicking and entering http://www.sdcleeit.com/ you agree that you have read and accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, do not use http://www.sdcleeit.com/. The information in the Company’s website is only for the attention of the residents of jurisdictions where it can be lawfully disseminated. It is your responsibility to be aware of and to observe all applicable laws and regulations for your country of residence.
- No information contained in these pages should be taken as a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold the shares of any entity. Nothing on the Company’s website or in the Materials constitutes or is intended to constitute financial or other advice and you should not act upon any information contained on the Company’s website or in the Materials without first consulting a financial or other professional adviser.
- The Company’s website is not intended to offer or to promote the offer or sale of the shares in the Company (the “Shares”) in the United States or to US Persons.
- Each acquirer of the Shares will be deemed to represent that (i) it is not located in the United States, (ii) it is not a US Person or acquiring the Shares for the account or benefit of a US Person, and (iii) it is acquiring the Shares in an “offshore transaction” meeting the requirements of Regulation S under the Securities Act.
- The Shares may not be acquired or held by, or transferred to, (i) an “employee benefit plan” as defined in Section 3(3) of the US Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, as amended (“ERISA”), that is subject to Title I of ERISA; (ii) a “plan” as defined in Section 4975 of the US Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the “US Tax Code”), including an individual retirement account or other arrangement that is subject to Section 4975 of the US Tax Code; (iii) an entity which is deemed to hold the assets of any of the foregoing types of plans, accounts or arrangements that are subject to Title I of ERISA or Section 4975 of the US Tax Code; or (iv) a governmental, church, non-US or other employee benefit plan that is subject to any federal, state, local or non-US law that is substantially similar to the provisions of Title I of ERISA or Section 4975 of the US Tax Code, and whose purchase, holding, or disposition of the Shares would constitute or result in a non-exempt violation of any such substantially similar law.
Limitation of Liability
- Use of the company’s website and the materials are at your sole risk. The company will not be liable to any person for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses, damages, or awards of any kind, howsoever caused, as a result of the use of or inability to use, or reliance on, the company’s website or any of the materials. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the company excludes all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings, and representations (excepting fraudulent misrepresentation) of any kind, express or implied, statutory or otherwise in connection with the company’s website and the materials. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be taken to limit or exclude any liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
- Nothing in this website should be construed as investment, tax, legal, or other advice, nor is it to be relied upon in making an investment decision. Those accessing the website should consult their financial advisers regarding the suitability of any of the products referred to on this website. The value of investments and the income from them may go down as well as up and an investor may receive back less than the original investment; past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
- The Materials and the Company’s website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and do not purport to be full or complete. The Company gives no warranties (express, implied, or statutory) as to satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose of the Materials, or that any of the Materials or the Company’s website will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected. The Company has the right to suspend or withdraw the provision of all or any of the Company’s website or the Materials without prior notice at any time. Further, no warranty of any kind is given that the Company’s website and the Materials are free from any virus or other malicious, destructive, or corrupting code, program, or macro. The Company does not warrant that the Company’s website or the server(s) that make(s) them available are free of any virus or other harmful elements.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be taken to limit or exclude any liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law. Use of the Company’s website and the Materials are at your sole risk. Sustainable Development Capital LLP is the Company’s investment manager. Neither the investment manager nor the Company will be liable to any person for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, losses, damages or awards of any kind, howsoever caused, as a result of the use of or inability to use, or reliance on, the Company’s website or any of the Materials. The Company excludes all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and representations (excepting fraudulent misrepresentation) of any kind, express or implied, statutory or common or customary law or otherwise in connection with the Company website and the Materials to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Reference in the Company’s website and the Materials or both the Company’s website and the Materials to any hypertext link, product, process, or service does not imply the Company’s support for, or endorsement or recommendation of the provider thereof or the product, process, or service to which reference is made. The Company’s website may contain hypertext links to other websites, resources, or other third parties. The Company is not responsible for the availability of, and accepts no liability in relation to, these external websites or their contents. The Company is not a sponsor, partner, promoter, or publisher of any such website.
The agreement between you and the Company relating to your use and browsing of the Company’s website is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you agree that the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in relation to such use and browsing. These terms and conditions may not be modified unless the Company agrees in writing.
The Materials that you are seeking to access are not directed at and may not be viewed by or distributed to persons:
- who are located in the United States or who are, or are acting for the account or benefit of, US Persons; or
- located in a jurisdiction where it is not lawful to access the Materials.
By clicking “I understand and agree” below, you represent, warrant and agree that you (1) have read and understood the terms and conditions and other information set out above, (2) agree to be bound by its terms, (3) are permitted under applicable laws and regulations to receive the information contained in the pages that follow and, (4) agree that you will not transmit or otherwise send any information contained in this website to any person in the United States, to any US Person, or to publications with a general circulation in the United States. If you cannot so certify and agree, you must click the button labelled “I decline” or otherwise exit this website.
I understand and agree